CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 21, 2010

dear maddi

Today you received your first piece of literature from a university.
Your are 14.
The mailer contains words like,
"options"
"early college"
"concurrent enrollment"
"eligibility"
I'm not sure that I know what to do with this information.
Did I know that you would be applying for colleges on that day when I posed your tiny body on the blue, shaggy carpet? I'm sure that thought was safely tucked away in my mind somewhere. Certainly, I must have hidden it in a place so that I wouldn't cry about it like I did today.
Daddy's not crying. He says this is great news. I need to get over myself, and I will.
We are proud of you baby girl, and we love you like crazy!

4 comments:

  1. Grandpa says that he knew by the way you could eat messy sweet rolls and feed carrots to the horses, you would be able to do anything you wanted to do...like accompany the choir the other night. Keep up the good, hard effort in all you do. We are amazed by you and love you beyond words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exciting that she is getting letters. Sad that she is growing up too fast. Happy and proud you should be.

    p.s. I'll cry with you. I'm good at that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my. You have such a way with words. And with thoughts! I am such a fan!

    ReplyDelete