CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Feline like a pushover

Mysterious orange kitty showed up last night on our driveway. Hillary and Henry sat outside with it for a good hour. That was mistake number one.

Kitty was on our porch this morning as both girls left for school. Henry discovered it when he woke up as well. He played in the shade and I got the camera. Taking pictures of Kitty with children.... that was mistake number two.

I don't like cats, but this cat really likes Henry



Little Henry convinces me to hold Kitty whilst he takes the photo.
(I was in my pajamas with residual mascara smudges, so that was mistake number three.)
It's about 4 o'clock now, and I have called several neighbors to get the 411 on this cat. Nobody seems to have any idea. I also called animal control. No calls have come in about a lost orange cat. I refuse to have them pick it up, because we all know what happens to lost cats after about 72 hours, don't we? I don't hate cats that bad.
I even called the neighborhood vet. Apparently, I can bring it in to have some "testing" done on it (at my expense) to see if it has the swine flu or any other horrible diseases. They will be happy to scan it for that little computer chip thingy at no charge to me. I will do that at my earliest convenience. I heard that cats love to ride in cars, so that should be an interesting road trip.
This was mistake number four.......

I caved at about 4:30 today and that is tuna fish, in a saucer, on our front porch. Kitty has imprinted successfully on all three children. Note the pure joy on the faces of my youngins. I like cats a little more today than I did yesterday.

Hillary has been googling "what to feed a cat" for hours. She learned that it is absolutely not milk. I am considering this an educational experience.

Approximately 8:00 pm tonight. Kitty has a blanket on the north side of the porch.

As I tucked Hillary into bed tonight, we had this exchange:

"Goodnight Hillary."

"Mom? what will we feed the cat?"

"I will buy some cat food tomorrow."

"Oh, thanks Mom. I read tonight that you can just donate the leftover cat food to an animal shelter if the owner comes for their cat."

"That sounds like a good plan."

"Oh and Mom? I hope it doesn't have that computer chip thingy in it."


6 comments:

  1. The kids told me you got a cat when they dropped off the noodles and schwetys (delecious, BTW).
    I tried to recreate the yeah yeah yeahs cover at breakfast the other day. You've really got to go for it to break an egg like that. Love that band.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee Hee Hee! You have a cat, you have a cat (sung in a bratty 3rd grade sort of way). Congratulations. Everyone seems very happy! Can't wait to meet him/her/it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the neighborhood little kitty cat. I love the photo with your kiddos and the cat on your front porch. Pure bliss. That could be your Christmas card with the newest member of the family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my. I had forgotten all about the classic smelly cat. That's good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Mom. I love the kitty! Thank you for letting us keep the kitty.
    Henry

    ReplyDelete
  6. Henry was so happy and excited to tell me about his kitty. I could not believe it was true, but it was!

    More cats, less mice and birds. There are trade offs to everything in life, I guess. Is that fancy little water dish what I think it is? Very classy!

    ReplyDelete