CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Jonny be Good

A conversation just after school on Thursday:

Hen: "Mom, will you rake the leaves into a big jumping pile?"

Me: "Ah bud, not today. Mommy doesn't feel so well."

Hen: "Oh, sorry."

Me: "Let's ask Daddy to do it when he gets home."

I soon forgot about this conversation.
Fast forward 24 hours.


After lying in bed all afternoon with a case of who-knows-what, I schlep into the kitchen to take my dose of meds that aren't really working. I see this through my kitchen window:



secretly taken through the glass.
my heart leaps.


fun to watch without being discovered.


ok, you got me.


Apparently, Henry asked is older buddy Jonny, to help him
rake a "jumping pile" of leaves.

Jonny obliged. He is a good soul.


Little boys will do anything that their older friends can do.


Jonny told Henry that he scored "10 points" on that slide.


They raked them back up and Jonny scores a 10 on his slide.
How I love you Fall.
Thank you Jonny for making Henry's day.
How lucky for me to see your sweet face five days a week!

3 comments:

  1. I'm sooooo sorry you haven't been feeling well! I wish you would call and say, "Mommie, could you bring me a little chicken soup?" I would, you know. Are you doing any better?

    Henry, way to go on leaf raking and jumping!
    What a great neighbor Jonny must be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling boys... Happy Autumn!

    Hope you're feeling better sis.
    Big hug.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a surprise! Just precious. Kobe is happy to loan out his brother any day. Jonny kept asking Kobe to play when Henry saved the day with a project. Jonny loves a good project especially outside {just like his daddy}. Henry is now on Jonny's cool list. He has informed me that Parker might be cool when he grows up too.

    ReplyDelete