CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 9, 2009

say cheesy

A tribute.

Bell Photography, you are no Annie Leibovitz, nor Busath, but I hold you dear in the sentimental corner of my memory. Mr. Bell, it was you that placed me back row, center for every grade school class photo that was ever taken in my life, except for third grade, when by some miracle, you seated me front row middle and let me hold the sign with our class nameplate. Even now, as a faculty member, my domain of top row center is held for me. Surely by now, I am a familiar face to you, Mr. Bell. One year, in second grade, you captured a great shot and you double-exposed me. It was ever so lovely; one of me forward, and another of me, gazing off to the side at who-knows-what. Cherishable.

Even today, you snap the pictures of my own children. Historically, they have been dreadful. Your young, untrained photographers do not have a mother's eye. They do not care about hairdos, crumbs about the face, or fake smiles. They are paid, I'm certain based on sheer volume. And your backdrops? The rustic barn, the floral canopy, I can't even go there.

But this year. I took a risk on you, old Mr. Bell. And guess what? You did ok! I even sorta teared up a little as I pulled the glossy paper from its sleeve. I'm thinking, this'll do as fair trade for my thirty dollar payment. The fact that both children are listing to the right is no biggie at all.



a kindergarten baby

fifth grade and fabulous, dawling!

Faith restored, Bell Photography! Keep clicking away. Just keep my girls off the top row. One can be neither cute, nor demure on the top row, center. Take it from an expert.

5 comments:

  1. soooooo freaking cute!!!! love!!! or should I say "sweet"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was so fun to read. I just have the say amen to those crazy backdrops. But your photos this year are so cute! {wish I could say the same} But I too treasure a couple they have taken over the years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen sister!! It had to happen. A post about BRM (back row middle) Syndrome. I'm so glad you thought to do it because it would have been too emotional for me to have pulled it off. May I echo your sentiments that "one can be neither cute nor demure" in said locale. The Tall Girl fairies were looking out for you the year you got to be front row center. I ALWAYS wanted that spot! Well, enough about me and my remaining issues... Those are precious photos of my adorable nephew and niece. Love them!

    p.s. I do recall the picture with the double exposure. It really was darling as are you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the sweet pics to come home to. I have missed checking on your and Tiffany's blogs. I hope the Tall Girl fairies have read this one; perhaps they can be more active in the future. I think you ought to send your thoughts directly to Bell Photography just in case the fairies aren't paying attention.

    Anxious to see you all on Sunday night!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was a back rower too. I always wanted to hold that sign and sit where everyone could actually see the outfit I had spent all morning picking out, but to no avail. You were truly lucky to get that spot.

    ReplyDelete