CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 1, 2010

How much fun is birthday money?

After much, much deliberation and research, this is how I finally spent my birthday money. I needed a new camera quite badly (proof to follow). My obsessive tendencies reared their ugly head as I went about my camera selection. The cool person in me really wanted a great camera like Pioneer Woman so that I could take majestic photos of cattle and ranch hands. The realistic person in me that was holding the money reminded me that I am a basic type of girl with just a couple hundred bucks in hand.
I found this at Costco. It's pretty easy to use, probably the equivalent of a Honda Accord.

Taken with my old, hand-me-down camera. I thought the colors were true....

...until I took this one with my new baby. Good job, baby.


And who could forget old goldie?


...ok, contents of vase are different, but image quality.....
In my research, I learned that the graininess in a photo is called "noise." Noise o'plenty in the before shot. Now I'm really relieved that I didn't buy shoes with my birthday money.




Actually, I just needed a good "Mom" camera. One needs to capture the moments of their hooligans, right? This camera will snap infinite rapid shots in succession, so that I can get just the right amount of "ham" per frame.


Did I say ham? I meant cheese.

This. So typical of boys. "Take a picture of our bums!"
Thank you, Mom, Dad, Sis, and Grammy for the cash.
I am going to have lots of fun.

5 comments:

  1. My first camera cost $8.95, used film and was called a Brownie Hawkeye. Your $200.00 taking into account inflation, is one heck of a deal! The before and after pictures are proof enough that it was sorely needed. Happy Birthday. Love, Dad

    My first camera was a Red Box "Brownie" and I took it to school in the 2nd grade for show and tell. Any thing I do with a camera now is about the same that I did with that one.
    Happy Birthday, again.
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I really need a new camera. I have spent way too long debating which one to get. Meanwhile taking very noisy photos. Your before and after shots are great advertising for your new camera. They should refund you a little for such a great camera testimonial.

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s.

    Thank you for hand delivering Jonny's homework today. He's bored and so it's already done. You're the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the bum shot. Boys... sheesh!

    Your camera is great!

    New camera = open :)

    Old camera = clooosed :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the new camera!!! And love that little Henry!! Yay for birthday money and new stuff.

    ReplyDelete