CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 3, 2009

attention kmart shoppers

In recent posts, there has been some mention/debate of using the "good butter" in baking. See "med student cinnamon rolls" http://justahintofsalt.blogspot.com/. Adrianne recommends paying the extra money to use the really good butter in this recipe. I whole-heartedly agree with her. My first experience with the really good butter was on about week 11 of my first pregnancy. I would rate myself a 10 out of a possible 10 in the feeling of constant car sickness at the time. Little did I know then that the ranking system would reach past 20 in subsequent pregnancies.
Anywho, as I was saying... This lovely woman from across the street brought over a congratulatory/consolatory crispy baguette paired with a chilled cube of Land 'O Lakes unsalted butter. How seasoned a woman to know that white bread and butter would be just the ticket for me. I thanked her and went to work. On that night, I polished off the baguette and the entire cube of butter! Oh my goodness that was good butter! It tasted like fancy-shmancy hotel butter. And that was my first ah-ha moment with dairy. So, I would be totally remiss if I didn't alert as many good friends as I possibly could that the $4.89 "good butter" is on sale at Smith's for $1.99 !!!!!! You may select from salted or unsalted. (Martha really gets nasty about using that unsalted butter, you know.)

But wait......





That's not all.....





There's a coupon stuck on the boxes for an additional 55 cents off!!!





I'll do the math here. That's $1.44 for the $5.00 good butter!!! Ta-daa!! There should be some really majestic music playing in the background here.



All I'm saying is, friends tell friends when the good stuff goes on sale.



Sale goes through April 8th.


ps Did you know that you can freeze butter?

4 comments:

  1. You are indeed a good friend. I didn't know the laws of butter and now I do and I'm off to the store. I love a good sale . . . even if it's just butter. You are a teacher of many things. Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. just bought some. solid tip. Annie's mac and cheese is on sale for 99 cents as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. no time to make a decent comment...i'm going to smith's. bye

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, you are a true friend to all!

    ReplyDelete