CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 27, 2009

as seen on tv

Do my kids watch too much tv? Okay, maybe. Today I came to pick up Henry from a friend's house. I retrieved him and we got back into the car. I began to feel around for my cell phone. My cell phone is really thin. I'd say really cool thin, but about an inch too long. It's always falling out of my pants pocket when I sit down. I knew that I had it with me, so I checked my pockets, under the seats, between the seats, and on the road, under the car. I was just about to walk back into their house to call my phone. After opening all four doors, I found my sneaky little phone lying under a stack of overdue library books. Great! As I came back around to my door, Little Henry offers this,


"You should get a Smart Clip."

"Oh, and why is that?" (I am nearly on the ground laughing)

"You know, you can hook your phone to your belt, or to a bag strap."(motioning to an imaginary purse strap across his chest.) "You can use it for a flashlight, too."




He's four, right? Should a four-year old be able to retell, verbatim an infomercial? Probably not, but my oldest and my youngest seem to be mesmerized by that form of advertisement. They both almost perceive them as television shows......okaaaaaaay.

Maddi has been fascinated by those tv knives for ages. She just recently got over asking for the Silver Bullet smoothie makers. Hillary, not so much taken in by the savvy marketing techniques. Thankfully, this funny little exchange today came just in the nick of time. With Henry's 5th birthday only four weeks away, I almost forgot that I promised him these:


As Henry emphatically educated me about Bendaroos, he was quick to sell me on one final point:

"But wait, that's not all, Mom. If you order me Bendaroos right now, they'll send me two sets of Bendaroos, for free!"

This kid is so freaking awesome, I am totally ordering today.

7 comments:

  1. Henry is one funny boy and I am loving this post. I never know what I'm going to get from Tatiana and Co., but it always makes me smile.
    Just like that little boy of yours.

    Happy shopping!

    p.s. I had fun with Hilary today making ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha Ha ha Hee hee! The other shoe dropping is the Bendaroos. Hilarious. The funny thing is that Emily is all for Bendaroos. I wish I'd thought of that when you were asking about her b-day. Your chillens are far too precocious. Good luck with that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And to think they are my grandchildren...it makes a woman smile from ear to ear! What wonderful memory development these kids are receiving. Perhaps if I had had infomercials as a child, I would have a better memory? Is it too late? Should I start watching them? Which channel? I'm serious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so...i must admit that i have contemplated ordering the smart clip myself...and the bendaroos - very cool. i think we should order 5 of each! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had the magic bullet and I gave it away it because it did not chop or dice anywhere near the said capabilities.

    um p90x- flab to fab in just 90 days. (I also have turbo jam and Chalean Extreme)

    I also ordered some kind of magic make-up that was supposed to cover any blemish. I sent it back but kept all of the freebies.

    Let me know how the bendaroos go. we have a birthday in May and as you can see I am willing to try anything!

    ReplyDelete
  6. sophie loves those dang bendaroos. havent ordered them for her.... yet! but she keeps telling me that they "dont make a mess" which is a direct line from the infomercial. she is trying to sell me on those things.... let me know how they go!
    love that little henry!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Addie has written the phone number down for bendaroos numerous times.
    And serioulsy, seeing the number of comments about the bendaroos, whoever does the marketing for that product needs a raise!

    ReplyDelete