CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 6, 2009

chagrin

Funny how life has a sense of humor. I had the house all to myself tonight, so with nobody to play with, I ate 2 bowls of cheerios, ran some laundry, placed a book order and ran the vacuum around the house. I was "puttering" as my mother would say. Thought I'd suck up the latest dead of my not-so-friendly box elder bug infestation just outside my front door. It was right then and there on March 6th that I saw this:



I'm sure this tiny tree is just laughing at me, knowing that my words have turned against me and he's standing right there to mock me about it. Does anyone remember my earlier post/rant? I went off about how Mr. Ihrig just wasn't feelin it in terms of moving our beastly Christmas tree. It was just too darn heavy for me to move all by myself, so I had to wait it out. Hmmm. does this little coniferous fellow look that intimidating? I'm not sure that I could lift all 24 inches of him out of that pot. Whatever, I guess I've just really let myself go. Seriously, I'm going to post this and then it should take me about 2 minutes to get rid of the tree. What on earth is my problem?

I think I feel a post coming on... something about wanting some meaner neighbors. Somebody needs to move in that would just ring the door and say, "Nice potted fake Christmas tree. Can I borrow an egg?" Yeah, that's coming next, meaner neighbors needed on Quail Run.

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait to hear what H has to say on Sunday... ha ha ha ha ha! Not to worry. It's just out of sight, out of mind. You have too many fans to let a mean neighbor be nasty to you. It'll never happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what the heck is wrong with your neighbors anyway? umm... to be completely honest ( and this actually worries me a bit) i never once noticed the tree. what exactly does that say about me as i have stood on your doorstep a lot lately? hmmm.

    love you and this post. i seriously could not stop laughing. still am laughing.

    maybe jeni can help us both. she always seems to be on top of the holidays.. this is a plea for help jeni.

    meaner neighbors could keep us in line. but i am afraid it isnt the case here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A little like finding spinach between your teeth...after the date. Oh well, like my dad would say, there's no point in being "awkward" (insert any humiliating quality)unless you can show it off. However, I did get the nativity costume materials put away yesterday so I am pretty comfortable with your timetable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have just had the best laugh ever. Your writing is brilliant. Had to share with Shane. He's laughing too.

    ReplyDelete