CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 16, 2009

kindergarten babies

These days, everything arrives earlier than it should. You know that it's Christmas before Halloween arrives. You are aware of Easter candy before all of the "be mines" are done with. Maddi has even "pre-registered" for 8th grade in the third month of her 7th grade year. One event sort of cannibalizes the other. Do I complain about it very much? Nah, not so much, but try to put my baby into kindergarten a minute before I am ready???? I don't think so! Going to kindergarten only leads to going to 4th grade and then to 7th grade. I have my girls to prove that. Henry was invited to kindergarten orientation day. I suppose I went somewhat willingly. The following evidence proves that everyone else IS ready and willing.
vintage audio equipment; who doesn't love a good book on tape?


Parker is 3 and rolled in like he owned the joint; no anxiety whatsoever. Who's gonna break it to him that he's not coming back for a while? Those red, Naugahyde chairs are sweet!

future alumni on the left. happy camper on the right.

best-buds forever? I sure hope so!




8 comments:

  1. do they get to be in the same class? what a treat for them and the teacher! what big kids. and your right - parker might have a bit of a problem come next fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Henry looks so relaxed and happy! ..and holy cow- what an adorable little couple he and Sophie make. What fun it will be to have your little man with you at school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i hope they are best buds forever too!

    thanks for taking pics. i might steal some of them. they are just too good.

    is it normal that i am counting down the days til kindergarten? must be the difference in the first and last child? ha ha. oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to agree with Ash. Maybe I will feel differently about it when Meg starts school, but I wish Kate could start today! She is driving me crazy . . . arg!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE those adorable photos and children! Can't believe it's already that time. But, speaking of next year's enrollment . . . just wondering if we have the proper connections to get Jonny into your class? Sure hope so!

    By the way . . . that salad, I now refer to as THE salad, is the best I have ever had. And I have had my share of salads. YUMMY! And the dressing . . . heavenly.

    Must blog recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is Courtney....Ashley's other favorite sister. I was laughing so hard at what you posted on A's blog about the Oreo cookies I had to tell you thank you! I too am obsessed with anything mint and chocolate! I am excited for Sophie and Henry to be best friends forever too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness...make them STOP! No wait, there is so much ahead that will be so wonderful...no wait, make them STOP!
    (Think we could work it out to arrange a marriage this early? Then we could be RELATED!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. By the way, that Henry is KILLER CUTE!

    ReplyDelete