CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 2, 2009

Would you like feet with that?

Would you pay $3.69 plus tax for this?

I did today. I have a roomful of toys here at home priced at $3.69 plus tax, that have a street value of approximately 3 cents. Little Henry and his charming "please mom?" strikes again. Oh yes, I know that you pay for food somewhere in that cost, but can you count that as food..in good conscience, being a mom and all? Usually, Henry chugs the chocolate milk and jets away to play in what I call the "zoo section" of the eating establishment. Whose idea was it to combine bare feet and eating under the same roof? Really? Today Henry changed it up and I really got my money's worth. He ate all but one nugget.

If you've been to McDonalds lately, you know that they've gone "full disclosure." I know that the 89 cent hamburger I ate contained 230 calories and the small fries added another 250. (Insert sorrowful guilt here.) I'd say they've gone a bit heavy-handed on the savvy marketing tools. I'm no genius, but I can clearly see that they are working me hard core in the subliminal messaging center of my brain. The color scheme is neutral, the artwork edgy and adult, and I can even watch CNN to see that the sky is really falling while continuously refilling my diet coke.

But where else can you do this....


or this?

You know it.....AT A PARK! And we will in about 25 more degrees. More posts soon to come from the real great outdoors.

6 comments:

  1. we so would have joined you there! :) i have been sucked into so many happy meals for the toy that i have lost count. and that is sad considering how old my children are. i am sure there will be many more 3.49 toys at my house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a good mom Hona! There is definitely an ick factor in the whole play area idea and you are courageous to work through that. It would be interesting/terrifying to culture some of the surfaces there. Would you like some e-coli/MRSA/VRE/etc with your Happy Meal? JK. I'm sure it's not that bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. What an adorable boy he is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the post. I can go to Relief Society now and know that all is well with the world. We also want you to know that Henry ate ALL of his nuggets, half bag of fries and a cookie and chugged his milk. But then we were at the Mcstore where the zoo is outside and it was too cold to play out there so nothing to do but eat, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, those were the days. Unfortunately the toys that bring my boys happiness now come at a higher price. We still love McDonalds though! Henry looks so cute in his climbing element.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clayton saw these pictures from accross the room and is now chanting, "Please can we go to Arctic Circle?"

    What I hate the most is that while the kids play I sit and finish off their unfinshed food. Why, Why, Why do I eat cold french fries just because they are there?!?

    ReplyDelete