CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 23, 2009

What a man, what a man, what a man, what a mighty good man

I remember the day that I saw this little boy picture of Henry. We weren't engaged yet; possibly not even seriously dating. I was in his room and somehow came across this charming little fellow in a red, marled turtleneck sweater. I think I almost cried just staring at it. Could any human child be so cherishable? I wanted to tuck it in my bag and keep it where I could look at him whenever I wanted to. Instead, I got to marry him for keeps... lucky, lucky me.


Happy birthday, Henry! Lucky for us that you came down from heaven forty years ago, on this 24th day of February. Who would have thought that this little face would become a hero to Maddi, Hillary, Little Henry and Hona. I love you very, very much! You are just as handsome and angelic today as you were in '73.

10 comments:

  1. sweet, it did. Happy birthday henry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy birthday henry. hope your day was super
    we are stoked you are our neighbor, friend, extra couch mover, and paint spray saver. way to make 40 look so good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY BIRTHDAY KING HENRY THE 1ST!
    Tatianna, I think you are cooler than the cool hip cats!
    Cori

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday H man! Hope you don't feel neglected that we didn't shower you with Geritol, Preparation H and denture adhesive like we did for Tony's 40th. It was just so much funnier when it was someone older than me. 40 looks awfully good the way you do it! Thanks Tatiana for choosing so well. We love you Henry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, put little Henry in a seventies sweater and it could be the same kid!

    Happy b-day Henry! We're still singing praises to your real estate skills as we love, love, love our house. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to you! I love the adorable photo . . . looks like your little one. Wishing you a wonderful day! Shane is happy that you're joining him in the ranks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. p.s. You rock 40!

    I have tried several times to leave a comment, but it wouldn't let me. So I have actually wished you Happy Birthday many times!

    Sweet post Tatiana!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Henry, I just wanted to remind you that Hona loved you from the moment she met you (and so did we.) So I imagine when she saw this photo of you it only illustrated her hopes and aspirations for the future since, as we all know, she does plan ahead. I'd say her plans worked out well. We love you!! Hope your day was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete