CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 16, 2009

Hard Work

Hillary getting it done

T-minus five days and counting until the swim meet. This is a pretty significant event for both of the girls. For Hillary, it will be her first swimming competition... ever! She has been such a little trooper to agree to compete only 8 weeks into her swimming career. For Maddi, this will be her first competition since her spinal fusion surgery. She has waited patiently for seven months while her body has recovered. She looked strong today. She's our little technician in the water and I'm so glad she's back! When her doc gave her the green light to swim again, she got in the pool, swam half a length, stopped, and yelled up to me in the bleachers, "I'm home!" That was a good day.

Maddi working on the legs




5 comments:

  1. Good luck Maddi & Hillary! Happy swimming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll be there cheering! Sarah's got a Y.W. activity & Em's not feeling up to a competition yet, but Emily and I will be there to see 'Hillary getting it done'! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Maddi is a girl after my own heart. I too feel at home in the water! Goodluck at the swim meet girls. You will be great. I would love to come to one sometime ( for old times sake for myself...) and to watch your cute girls swim.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete