CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 13, 2009

Not Keeping Up With The Jones' Very Well

We live in at the end of a cul-de-sac among the loveliest of friends. They all own snow blowers and have zero percent slope to their driveways. We possess an ergonomic snow shovel and enjoy a driveway slope of.... I don't know, enough to prevent my Jeep from reaching the garage when there's the skiffiest skiff of snow on the ground. Irony?? You betcha. So often our sweet neighbor men-folk have come to bail us out of a doozy snowstorm and I am so grateful for that!

Just the other day, the snow came. Nobody wanted it to, but it showed up anyway. Along with it came some chilly nights to keep the snow right where it had fallen. After repeated comings and goings with the car, we incurred some gnarly ice pack accumulation. After school, I took my powerless shovel and made some futile attempts to chip away at the ice in the critical areas of the driveway.

Insert fun here: Little H man comes out and says, "Hey, where's the sled?" With sled in unmittened hands, Henry finds the silver lining in the driveway situation.


work with what you've got


and seize the day!

4 comments:

  1. How cute is Henry! I LOVE IT. And my new favorite word is powerless shovel. I'm still laughing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i feel your pain and am grateful for little boys who see good out of ....

    just forget about the ice, buy studded tires and go inside and eat peanut butter bars!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the yummy sugar cookies left on our doorstep. You're the best! They disappeared very quickly and I would like to blame it all on the boys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is one darling picture of one darling little boy!

    ReplyDelete