CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 2, 2009

Today is February 2nd...


...and this is what is standing in my front room. This not-so-lovely artificial tree mocks me every time I round the corner to head upstairs. And yep, you can see it from the street. Now that's classy.
We took the ornaments off weeks ago, which was great, except I am not a closer. I tend to leave a lot of projects unfinished. Problem is, this baby is heavy! I would do it myself today if its tri-sectionedness wasn't nearly welded together. The bottom two thirds is a 2-person job for sure. Mr. Ihrig has all that beefy upper body strength that I lack and he's just not feelin it. So I'll wait.




3 comments:

  1. i think you should put valentine hearts on it instead! then in march it will be easter eggs and in may you can string beautifully bright colored ribbons from the top for a may pole and then june and july you can have stars and stripes and by august and sept it will be a harvest tree and in october, duh halloween and what is a home without a turkey tree. see...no need to take it down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited that my heart is pounding. The fabulous Tatiana has a blog! I knew if I harassed you long enough you would give in. I can't wait to see your kids, home, ideas, recipes. Bring it on! Welcome to blogland! As for the tree . . . I could bring over my pink glitter and turn it into one giant Valentine. That would be a messy good time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. Keep the tree. we're going to keep our lights up until next year, at least the half that haven't fallen down.

    ReplyDelete