CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Where Have You Been All My Life?


Meet my new best friend. Fifteen plus years of marriage and I've been way overworking myself. This little dandy put the spring right back in my culinary step. You own this guy already? I've heard that most of you do. I'm embarrassed to say that Henry bought me one two years ago, but I took it back! I KNOW!! Crazy! So having read one too many recipes that state, "Place ingredients into food processor and pulse." I determined that I should wise up. A few days ago, Henry spotted a tiny little black and white sale advertisement in the newspaper and ripped it out and headed right over to Macy's, by himself to pick it up; no prodding from me, I know!! cute!
So, I'm not sure where this blog is headed, but I figured that I'd dedicate a fair amount of space to fooding. I like food, and lately, I've challenged myself to up my game a bit in the kitchen. Now that I have my new little gadget, I feel like shouting my ideas from the rooftop. So tonight I launch installment #1 of the "Cuisinart Monologues."
Bread Crumbs 101
Four slices bread, (dried out- unnecessary, mine were fluffy) Cut into small chunks and process 30 seconds. Done. End of story. No more stale, prepackaged, nasty old crumbs sitting in your pantry. Brown in skillet with 1 tablespoon butter to toast them up if you like. Today I used them as a substitute for pie crust. Just press into a greased pie plate.
ps. Henry actually found two surprises for me that day in the kitchen department at Macy's. The other was this fab new blender. Don't even get me started on the fun we're gonna have makin' smoothies. Stay tuned.

2 comments:

  1. i am so jealous. i seriously want a food processor so bad. perhaps one day i will cave in and buy one. or i will borrow yours.
    i cant wait for you to post your smoothie recipes. yippee...
    also, what happened to mr. ihrig??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I have one of those, but it's never been used. I better go take a look. I purchased the recipe book Deceptively Delicious thinking that I would make all healthy food. Well, that didn't work out for me either. I only made the Marshmallow Crispy Treats with Flaxseed and the boys were on to me. So I gave up. This book has lots of recipes to use your food processor. I'm going to bring it to you as my shower gift for your new processor baby.

    ReplyDelete